Colony Networks is seeking an experienced Backend Software Developer, with more than 3 years of web application development and experience in PHP and relational / noSql databases. You have a track record of building and shipping high quality software in an agile fashion.
Who you are...
You’re comfortable in building backend microservices and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience liaising and collaborating with business stakeholders to determine requirements and specifications.
You want to join us in using exciting new technologies around IoT, Wi-Fi and security to build the next generation of Colony products.
You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
- Strong written/verbal communication
- Solid team player with passion to participate in mentoring and team building
- Strong web application documentation, design, coding and testing experience
- Proven analytical ability to create/modify application code to support new functionality
- Strong debugging experience with code written by other developers
- Proven ability to provide effort and elapsed time estimates for assigned work
- Proven ability to execute project deliverables within effort and elapsed time estimates
- Proven experience in meeting workload estimates as defined in project work plan
- Construct, develop, code, debug and maintain web applications
- Conform to define software design methodology for the development and implementation of internet based application to support all aspects of web site functionalities.
- Perform code review and evaluation and determine recommendations for adaptation
- 3+ years of object oriented programming experience using SOLID principles and design patterns.
- 3+ years PHP experience
- 3+ years working with a relational database or noSql database
- RESTful Web Services development
- Python is an asset
- Java is an asset
- Experience working in a linux environment
- Computer Science trained graduate or with equivalent work experience
- Agile development process
- Docker and/or Ansible experience
- Passion for wireless networks, IoT, Wi-Fi & security
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
Colony Networks is a fast growing software as a service (SaaS) company providing value added software solutions to mobile network operator and IoT hardware vendors that extend the performance and security of wireless data networks. We have customers today in Canada and the United States, and are expanding globally in the future.
A role at Colony will accelerate your career where you will learn, grow, and make an impact.