Colony Networks is seeking an experienced Software Developer, with more than 3 years of web application development experience, who can easily switch between the front-end and back-end. You will bring your wealth of experience and technical expertise to build and ship high quality software and experienced in iterating in an agile fashion.
Who You Are…
You're an experienced Full-Stack Software Developer, with more than 3 years of complex web application development experience, who can easily switch between the front-end and back-end. You bring your wealth of experience and technical expertise to build and ship high quality software and experienced in iterating in an agile fashion.
You’re comfortable working closely with designers and stakeholders to build both awesome UI/UX components and systems, as well as backend microservices and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience liaising and collaborating with business stakeholders to determine requirements and specifications.
You have a proven track record of taking ownership of projects, development processes, and best practices, for the overall benefit of the team and organization. You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of Colony products.
You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
Open to remote candidates if you have at least 1 year experience working remotely for a company with a proactive style of communication.
You’re Great At...
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Applying appropriate design patterns given a problem
- Delivering quality code using at least two of the following languages: PHP/Python/Java
- Working with both Relational and NoSQL databases: Postgres/Elasticsearch/Redis
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with twilio & facebook APIs)
- Maintaining automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Working in a Linux environment
- Communicating your ideas to managers and peers
- Interest in hackathon
- Docker and/or Ansible experience
- Machine Learning
- Passion for wireless networks, IoT, Wi-Fi & security
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
Colony Networks is a fast growing software as a service (SaaS) company providing value added software solutions to mobile network operator and IoT hardware vendors that extend the performance and security of wireless data networks. We have customers today in Canada and the United States, and are expanding globally in the future. A role at Colony will accelerate your career where you will learn, grow, and make an impact.