Colony Networks is seeking an experienced Full-Stack Software Developer, with more than 3 years of complex web application development experience, who can easily switch between the front-end and back-end. You bring your wealth of experience and technical expertise to build and ship high-quality software in an agile fashion.
Who You Are…
You’re comfortable working closely with designers and stakeholders to build both awesome UI/UX components and systems, as well as backend microservices and APIs that can process millions of request per day. You have experience liaising and collaborating with business stakeholders to determine requirements and specifications. You live in the cloud and have hands-on experience using public cloud providers such as GCP / AWS / Azure
You have a proven track record of taking ownership of projects, development processes, and best practices, for the overall benefit of the team and organization. You want to join us in using exciting new technologies to build the next generation of Colony products.
You are super smart and have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or have equivalent work experience.
Colony is based in Vancouver BC, but also open to remote candidates in Canada if you have at least 1-year experience working remotely for a company and have a proactive style of communication.
You’re Great At...
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of web apps you’ve played a key role in shipping
- Applying appropriate design patterns given a problem
- Delivering quality code using Python for backend applications
- Working with both Relational and NoSQL databases: Postgres/Elasticsearch/Redis
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked with Twilio & Facebook APIs)
- Building, running, and maintaining cloud applications in the cloud, bonus for Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Containers and complementary technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Working with automated CI/CD pipelines
- Maintaining automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Working in a Linux environment
- Communicating your ideas to managers and peers
- Knowledge of Dataproc / Spark, Pub/Sub
- Serverless & Google Cloud Functions
- Interest in hackathon
- PHP and/or Java coding experience
- Machine Learning
- Passion for wireless networks, IoT, Wi-Fi & security
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
Colony Networks is a fast growing software as a service (SaaS) company providing value-added software solutions to mobile network operators and IoT hardware vendors that extend the performance and security of wireless data networks. We have customers today in Canada and the United States and are on track to expand globally.
A role at Colony will accelerate your career where you will learn, grow, and make an impact.